Details for Benchmark: DA0216
N 32° 09.950 W 112° 07.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- P 37
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
24.8 MI NW FROM SELLS. 24.8 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 86 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SELLS, PIMA COUNTY, ON THE OLD AJO-TUCSON HIGHWAY, 0.5 MILE EAST OF SAVAGES STORE (IN 1934), 300 FEET WEST OF AN INDIAN GRAVEYARD, OPPOSITE A SMALL CLEARING ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 42 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 2518.003 P 37 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 7 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.