Details for Benchmark: DA0304
N 32° 29.333 W 112° 52.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- M 36
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
9.1 MI N FROM AJO. 9.1 MILES NORTH ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT AJO, 13 POLES SOUTH OF MILEPOLE 34, 0.1 MILE EAST OF STATE HIGHWAY 85, 204.0 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 150 FEET WEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 100 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF 2 WASHES, 18 FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF THE WASH LEADING SOUTHWEST, 1.8 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1.1 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.