Details for Benchmark: DA0311
N 32° 27.000 W 112° 50.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Z 332
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
5.5 MI N FROM AJO. 5.5 MILES NORTH ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT AJO, 0.3 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE WATER TANK AT CHILDS, 0.1 MILE SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOLE 38, AT THE CROSSING OF A PAVED ROAD LEADING TO THE AJO AIRPORT, 99 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 74.4 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 4 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 2.4 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
9.2 KM (5.7 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILWAY FROM THE STATE HIGHWAY 85 CROSSING IN AJO, 3 POLES SOUTHEAST OF RAILWAY MILEPOLE 38, AT A PAVED ROAD CROSSING IN CHILDS, 22.7 METERS (74.5 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 30.3 METERS (99.5 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 26.5 METERS (87.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A POWER POLE WITH A GUY WIRE. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS NW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.9 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.