Details for Benchmark: DA0313
N 32° 25.567 W 112° 50.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- A 333
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
3.8 MI N FROM AJO. 3.8 MILES NORTH ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT AJO, 0.2 MILE (5 POLES) NORTH OF MILEPOLE 40, 57.6 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, 25 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DIRT ROAD, 22 FEET WEST OF THE MOST EASTERLY ONE OF TWO 20-INCH WATER PIPE LINES, 6 FEET SOUTH OF POWER LINE POLE 75, IN LINE WITH A ROW OF POLES, 2.0 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
6.4 KM (4.0 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILWAY FROM THE STATE HIGHWAY 85 CROSSING IN AJO, AT THE THIRD POWER POLE NORTHEAST OF RAILWAY MILEPOLE 40, SET IN LINE WITH A ROW OF POWER POLES, 17.7 METERS (58.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL, 7.8 METERS (25.5 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A DIRT ROAD, 1.8 METERS (6.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF POWER POLE NUMBER 83. THE MARK IS 0.6 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.