Details for Benchmark: DA0317
N 32° 23.033 W 112° 51.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- C 333
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
0.8 MI NW FROM AJO. 0.8 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT AJO, NEAR THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF AJO, 202 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A WOODEN BRIDGE, 49.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 40 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A SMALL WASH, 2.8 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 4 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
1.4 KM (0.9 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILWAY FROM THE STATE HIGHWAY 85 CROSSING IN AJO, 0.5 KM (0.3 MI) SOUTHWEST OF A PAVED ROAD CROSSING, 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) SOUTHWEST OF A ONE-STORY HOUSE, AT THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF TOWN, 61.6 METERS (202 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A RAILWAY BRIDGE OVER A WASH, 14.9 METERS (49.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL, 12.2 METERS (40.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A SMALL WASH. THE MARK IS 03 METERS SW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.9 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.