Details for Benchmark: DA0355
N 32° 09.950 W 112° 45.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- P 333
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
18.35 MI SE FROM AJO. 0.15 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT AJO, THENCE 10.75 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 86, THENCE 7.45 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SONOYTA-AJO HIGHWAY, 0.1 MILE NORTH OF A DIP IN THE HIGHWAY, 38 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 25.4 FEET NORTH OF A PALO VERDE TREE, 3.1 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
11.7 KM (7.3 MI) SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 85 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 86 IN WHY, 0.3 KM (0.2 MI) SOUTHWEST OF HIGHWAY MILEPOST 60, AT A SMALL HIGHWAY TURNOUT, 7.6 M (25.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS 0.9 METERS SW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.