Details for Benchmark: DA0509
N 32° 50.017 W 112° 46.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- R 3
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1930 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
8.7 MI S FROM GILA BEND. 8.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 85 FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD STATION AT GILA BEND, 0.1 MILE NORTH OF TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILROAD BRIDGE 91 AND A WASH ACROSS THE HIGHWAY, 32 1/2 FEET EAST RAILROAD MILEPOLE 9, 94.8 FET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE NORTHWEST END OF RAILROAD WOODEN CULVERT 90, 76.4 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 62.5 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 3.0 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
13.8 KM (8.6 MI) SOUTHWEST ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILWAY FROM THE MARTIN AVENUE CROSSING IN GILA BEND, 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) NORTHEAST OF RAILWAY BRIDGE NUMBER 91 AND STATE HIGHWAY 85 MILEPOST 9, AT RAILWAY MILEPOLE 9, 19.0 METERS (62.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE TRACKS, 61.0 METERS (200 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 28.8 METERS (94.8 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF RAILWAY CULVERT NUMBER 90, 9.9 METERS (32.5 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE MILEPOST. THE MARK IS 0.9 METERS SW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.6 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.