Details for Benchmark: DA0542
N 32° 35.267 W 112° 52.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- H 332
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
18.0 MI N FROM AJO. 16.3 MILES NORTH ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT AJO, THENCE 1.3 MILES WEST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, THENCE 0.4 MILE NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 85, 1.0 MILE SOUTH OF THE T JUNCTION OF A GRAVELED ROAD LEADING TO WILLIAMS AIR FORCE AUXILIARY FIELD NO. 2, 56.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 19 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF A SMALL DRAIN DITCH, 2.3 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.