Details for Benchmark: DA0544
N 32° 36.117 W 112° 52.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- K 332
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
19.1 MI N FROM AJO. 16.3 MILES NORTH ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT AJO, THENCE 1.3 MILES WEST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, THENCE 1.4 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 85, THENCE 0.1 MILE WEST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, AT WILLIAMS AIR FORCE AUXILIARY FIELD NO. 2, AT THE JUNCTION OF THE NORTHWEST-SOUTHEAST AND EAST-WEST RUNWAYS, 100 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE RUNWAY PAVEMENT, 74 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 2.0 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE RUNWAY PAVEMENT, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.