Details for Benchmark: DA0590
N 32° 51.533 W 112° 46.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1952 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
7.1 MI S FROM GILA BEND. 7.1 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 85 FROM THE JUNCTION OF UNITED STATES HIGHWAY 80 AND STATE HIGHWAY 85 AT GILA BEND, 0.1 MILE SOUTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 85 AND A GRAVEL ROAD LEADING TO THE AIR PORT AF6, U.S. 885T PAINTED ON A POLE AT THE SIDE OF THE MARK, 46 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 91 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE RAILROAD, 4.3 FEET EAST OF RAILROAD MILEPOST 7, ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, AND A COPPER NAIL AND WASHER IN TOP OF A WOODEN 4 BY 4.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.