Details for Benchmark: DA0591
N 32° 51.167 W 112° 46.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- C 36
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
7.2 MI S FROM GILA BEND. 7.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 85 FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD STATION AT GILA BEND, 0.15 MILE NORTH OF TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILROAD BRIDGE 76, 13-3/4 POLES SOUTH OF MILEPOLE 7, 95.6 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 63 FEET NORTH OF AN IRON TELEPHONE POLE, 42 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 1.9 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
11.4 KM (7.1 MI) SOUTHWEST ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILWAY FROM THE MARTIN AVENUE CROSSING IN GILA BEND, 0.55 KM (0.35 MI) SOUTHWEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 85 MILEPOST 7, 0.25 KM (0.15 MI) NORTHEAST OF RAILWAY BRIDGE NUMBER 76, 29.1 METERS (95.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE TRACKS, 32.9 METERS (108 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 19.2 METERS (63.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF AN IRON TELEGRAPH POLE, 0.3 METER (1.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE LINE. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.