Details for Benchmark: DA1160
N 32° 57.883 W 112° 36.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- C 422
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
9.6 KM EAST FROM GILA BEND. 9.6 KILOMETERS (6.0 MILES) EAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF MARTIN AVENUE IN GILA BEND, SET AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE JUNCTION OF MARICOPA ROAD AND A DIRT-GRAVEL ROAD LEADING NORTH, 135.6 METERS (445 FEET) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF BENCH MARK K 92, 14.6 METERS (48 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE DIRT ROAD, 32.9 METERS (108 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF MARICOPA ROAD, 69.5 METERS (228 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE TRACKS AND 7.0 METERS (23 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST LEG OF A METAL SIGN READING U. S. GOVERNMENT PROPERTY. NOTE--THIS MARK IS PROTECTED BY TWO METAL WITNESS POSTS. THE MARK IS 0.6 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH CENTERLINE OF ROAD.
|12/02/1994 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.