Details for Benchmark: DA1161
N 32° 57.367 W 112° 39.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- L 422
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
5.7 KM NE FROM GILA BEND. 5.7 KILOMETERS (3.5 MILES) NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF MARTIN AVENUE IN GILA BEND, 0.3 KILOMETER (0.2 MILE) NORTHEAST OF RAILROAD MILE POST 859, SET IN TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF RAILROAD BRIDGE 859.22, 1.8 METERS (6 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL. THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
|12/02/1994 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.