Details for Benchmark: DA1217
N 32° 47.700 W 112° 48.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- D 469
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
18.6 KM (11.5 MI) SW FROM GILA BEND. 18.6 KM (11.55 MI) SOUTHWEST ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILWAY FROM THE MARTIN AVENUE CROSSING IN GILA BEND, 0.3 KM (0.2 MI) NORTHWEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 85 MILEPOST 12, AT THE BLACK GAP SIDING, AT THE FIRST TELEGRAPH POLE NORTHEAST OF RAILWAY MILEPOLE 12, 30.5 METERS (100 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE TRACKS, 110.6 METERS (363 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF A WIRE GATE IN THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE LINE, 61.0 METERS (200 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 48.8 METERS (160 FT) WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A SMALL WOODEN BUILDING, 7.5 METERS (24.5 FT) SOUTHWEST OF AN IRON TELEGRAPH POLE, 0.3 METER (1.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF AN IRON BRACE IN THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.