Details for Benchmark: DA1220
N 32° 54.080 W 112° 44.539 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- A 469
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
5.5 KM (3.45 MI) SW FROM GILA BEND. 5.5 KM (3.45 MI) SOUTHWEST ALONG THE TUCSON, CORNELIA AND GILA BEND RAILWAY FROM THE MARTIN AVENUE CROSSING IN GILA BEND, 0.25 KM (0.15 MI) SOUTHWEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 85 MILEPOST 3, AT THE CROSSING OF THE ACCESS ROAD LEADING SOUTHEAST TO THE GILA BEND AIR FORCE BASE AUXILLARY FIELD, 36.6 METERS (120 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE TRACKS, 31.1 METERS (102 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 30.5 METERS (100 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ACCESS ROAD, 25.6 METERS (84.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF OF A CATTLE GUARD ON THE ACCESS ROAD, 6.4 METERS (21.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF AN IRON BRACE POLE IN THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE LINE, 1.2 METERS (4.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF A TELEGRAPH POLE, 0.6 METER (2.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE FENCE LINE. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.6 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
|10/13/1998 by AZ-013 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MARICOPA COUNTY ARIZONA 1998 (LOC)
GENERAL STATION LOCATION IS NEAR GILA BOND, ARIZONA. RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. DESCRIBED BY MICHAEL WINN.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.