Details for Benchmark: DA1529
N 32° 26.401 W 112° 52.277 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1975 (TT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 36.4 MILES SOUTHWEST OF GILA BEND AND 4.5 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF AJO ALONG THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY OF STATE ROUTE 85.
THE STATION IS AN ADOT HIGHWAY DIVISION DISK STAMPED AIRPORT P AND M GS 1975 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT. THE MARK IS 63.5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE ROUTE 85, 36 FEET EAST OF THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AND 3 FEET EAST OF A WITNESS POST.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN ADOT HIGHWAY DIVISIONS DISK STAMPED RM 1 1975 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT 84-1/2 FEET WEST OF CENTERLINE OF HWY, 41 FEET SOUTHWEST OF WITNESS POST AND 15-1/2 FEET EAST OF WEST FENCE LINE.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN ADOT HIGHWAY DIVISION DISK STAMPED RM 2 1975 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT, 93 FEET WEST OF HWY. CENTERLINE, 7-1/2 FEET EAST OF WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE AND 40-1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF WITNESS POST.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM MARTIN AVE. AND U.S. HWY. 80 IN GILA BEND, GO WEST ON U.S. HWY 80 FOR 0.91 MILES TO THE AJO-STATE ROUTE 85 TURNOFF. TURN RIGHT AND FOLLOW RAMP UNDER I-8 OVERPASS, CONTINUE SOUTHERLY ON STATE ROUTE 85 TO MILE POST 37.15 AND TO THE STATION IN THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
|02/16/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.