Details for Benchmark: DA1540
N 32° 29.451 W 112° 52.874 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- T11S R6W SECS 3 4 9 10
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by USGLO (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GOVERNMENT LAND OFFICE 1975 (TT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 33 MILES SOUTHWEST OF GILA BEND AND 8 MILES NORTH OF AJO ON THE AST SIDE OF STATE ROUTE 85.
THE STATION IS A GENERAL LAND OFFICE DISK STAMPED T 11 S, R 6 W 4 3 9 10. THE STATION IS A STANDARD US GLOS BRASS CAP SET ON A 2 INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 9-1/2 INCHES ABOVE GROUND LEVEL, 102 FEET EAST OF CENTERLINE OF HWY. 85, 2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RIGHT OF WAY FENCE LINE AND ABOUT 20 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF STATION CORNEZ.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM MARTIN AVE. AND U.S. HWY. 80 IN GILA BEND, GO WEST ON U.S. 80 FOR 0.91 MILES TO THE AJO-STATE ROUTE 85 TURNOFF. TURN RIGHT AND FOLLOW RAMP UNDER I-80 OVERPASS CONTINUE SOUTHERLY ON STATE ROUTE 85 TO MILE POST 33.5 AND STATION ON THE LEFT (EAST).
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.