Details for Benchmark: DA1541
N 32° 29.459 W 112° 52.914 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- CORNEZ RM 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1975
STATION CORNEZ IS LOCATED ABOUT 32.7 MILES SOUTHWEST OF GILA BEND AND 8.2 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF AJO ALONG THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY OF STATE HWY. 85.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN ADOT HIGHWAY DIVISION DISK STAMPED RM 1 1975 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT. THE MARK IS 43-1/2 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, 2 FEET EAST OF THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE LINE AND 97 FEET WEST OF HWY. CENTERLINE.
TO REACH STATION CORNEZ FROM MARTIN AVE. AND U.S. HWY. 80 IN GILA BEND, GO WEST ON U.S. HWY. 80 FOR 0.91 MILES TO THE AJO-STATE ROUTE 85 TURNOFF. TURN RIGHT AND FOLLOW RAMP UNDER I-8 OVERPASS, CONTINUE SOUTHERLY ON STATE ROUTE 85 TO MILE POST 33.55 (33.05 MILES) AND STATION IN THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY.
|02/16/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.