Details for Benchmark: DA1566
N 32° 39.410 W 112° 51.635 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1975 (TT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 21.6 MILES SOUTHWEST OF GILA BEND ALONG THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY OF STATE HWY. 85.
THE STATION IS AN ADOT HIGHWAYS DIVISION DISK STAMPED MID P AND M GS 1975 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 0.3 FEET. THE STATION IS 10 FEET SOUTH OF MILE POST 22, 112 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HWY. 85, 88 FEET EAST OF THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE LINE AND 3.5 FEET EAST OF A WITNESS POST.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN ADOT HIGHWAY DIVISION DISK STAMPED RM 1 1975 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT IN THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY OF STATE HWY. 85. THE MARK IS 42-1/2 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST AND 90-1/2 FEET EAST OF A RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN ADOT HIGHWAY DIVISION DISK STAMPED RM 2 1975 AND IS SET IN 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT IN THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY OF STATE HWY. 85, 42-1/2 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST AND 114-1/2 FEET WEST OF CENTERLINE OF HWY.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM MARTIN AVE. AND U.S. HWY. 80 IN GILA BEND, GO WEST ON U.S. 80 FOR 0.91 MILES TO THE AJO-STATE HWY. 85 TURNOFF. TURN RIGHT AND FOLLOW RAMP UNDER I-8 UNDERPASS AND CONTINUE ON STATE 85 TO MILE POST 22 (21.5 MILES) AND THE STATION IN THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
|02/16/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.