Details for Benchmark: DA1570
N 32° 32.407 W 112° 52.808 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- DEADMAN RM 3
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1975 (TT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 29.7 MILES SOUTHWEST OF GILA BEND AND 11.7 MILES WEST NORTHWEST OF AJO ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF STATE ROUTE 85.
THE STATION IS A ADOT HIGHWAY DIVISION DISK STAMPED DEADMAN RM 3 P AND M 1975. THE MARK IS EPOXIED IN A DRILL HOLE IN A ROCK OUTCROP WITH A WITNESS POST 4.6 FEET TO THE WEST.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM MARTIN AVE. AND U.S. HWY. 80 IN GILA BEND, GO WEST ON U.S. 80 FOR 0.91 MILES TO THE AJO - STATE ROUTE 85 TURNOFF. TURN RIGHT AND FOLLOW RAMP UNDER I-8 OVERPASS, CONTINUE SOUTHERLY ON STATE ROUTE 85 TO MILEPOST 30.15. THE STATION IS 50.4 FT. WEST OF HWY. 85 CENTERLINE AT THE SOUTH END OF THE CRATER MOUNTAIN RANGE.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
|02/16/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.