Details for Benchmark: DA1571
N 32° 30.320 W 112° 52.875 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- T11 10S R6W SECS 3 4 33 34
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by USGLO (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GOVERNMENT LAND OFFICE 1975 (TT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 32 MILES SOUTHWEST OF GILA BEND AND 9 MILES NORTH OF AJO ON THE WEST SIDE OF STATE ROUTE 85.
THE STATION IS A GENERAL LAND OFFICE DISK STAMPED 33 34 4 3 T 11S R6W. STATION IS A STANDARD BRASS CAP PROJECTING 10.5 INCHES AND IS 75.5 FEET WEST OF STATE HWY 85 CENTERLINE ON THE MARICOPA-PIMA COUNTY LINE.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM MARTIN AVE. AND U.S. HWY. 80 IN GILA BEND, GO WEST ON U.S. 80 FOR 0.91 MILES TO THE AJO-STATE ROUTE 85 TURNOFF. TURN RIGHT AND FOLLOW RAMP UNDER I-80 OVERPASS CONTINUE SOUTHERLY ON STATE 85 TO MILE POST 32.5 (32 MILES), AND A COUNTY LINE SIGN. THE MARK IS 75.5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.