Details for Benchmark: DC0851
N 32° 44.900 W 117° 09.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN DIEGO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 283.72 C OF SD
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CA3260 (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
AT SAN DIEGO. AT SAN DIEGO, 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG UNIVERSITY AVENUE FROM THE INTERSECTION OF FIFTH AVENUE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF NINTH AVENUE, 27.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A FIRE STATION, 62.5 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF NINTH AVENUE, 25 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE SIDEWALK LEADING TO THE FIRE STATION, 4.9 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF UNIVERSITY AVENUE, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE AVENUE, AND IN THE SIDEWALK.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (JBC)
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.