Details for Benchmark: DC0866
N 32° 43.317 W 117° 10.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN DIEGO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Pioneer 'n' Tiff marked DC0866 as destroyed
Confirm previous notes of not found/destroyed. Decription places mark between tracks 2 and 3. Manhole cover, as reported by maintainence crew working there today, was moved into California Street in the 1970's.
||jaxxom marked DC0866 as destroyed
This one is either covered up or has been removed due to construction in the area.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
0.5 MI N FROM SAN DIEGO. 0.5 MILE NORTH ALONG THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY AT SAN DIEGO, 10 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, 24 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF CALIFORNIA STREET, AND ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE IRON RIM OF A MANHOLE.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.