Details for Benchmark: DD4592
N 33° 34.476 W 079° 00.028 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HORRY county, SC View Original Datasheet
- 4999 B
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by SCCC (MONUMENTED)
|09/20/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.3 KM (2.7 MI) SOUTHWEST OF SURFSIDE BEACH, 4.0 KM (2.5 MI) NORTHEAST OF MURRELLS INLET AND IN GARDEN CITY ON ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY. OWNERSHIP--SCHDPT, PRECONSTRUCTION ENGINEER, P.O. BOX 191, COLUMBIA, SC 29202, PHONE 803-737-1314. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 17 BUSINESS (KINGS HIGHWAY) AND ATLANTIC AVENUE IN GARDEN CITY, GO SOUTHEAST ON ATLANTIC AVENUE FOR 1.6 KM (1.0 MI) TO A T-JUNCTION, WACCAMAW DRIVE. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTHWEST ON WACCAMAW DRIVE FOR 0.25 KM (0.16 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A SOUTH CAROLINA COASTAL COUNCIL DISK SET ON TOP OF A PREFABRICATED BERNTSEN BREAKAWAY MONUMENT ENCASED IN A PVC PIPE PROJECTING 15 CM. LOCATED 8.2 M (26.9 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM CENTER OF WACCAMAW DRIVE, 6.8 M (22.3 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM EXTENDED CENTER OF STREET LEADING TO THE NORTHWEST, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) SOUTH OF A FIRE HYDRANT AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM A WITNESS POST.
- The North Carolina/South Carolina HARNS have been completed but, due to contractual restrictions, coordinates for these stations will NOT be published in the near future. In the interim, the published coordinates in North and South Carolina will not be consistent with the Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS). The HARN coordinates for these stations are available upon request. Contact Gary Thompson(919-733-3836), or Lewis Lapine(803-896-7700). In addition, the published North and South Carolina positions (NAD 83 (1986)) are NOT consistent with those determined in adjacent state readjustments. The discontinuity between stations located in North or South Carolina and those in adjacent states which have been adjusted to the HARN may be as much as 5 decimeters. This will result in a significant loss of accuracy over lines crossing such state borders.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1991.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1995.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.