Details for Benchmark: DF0696
N 33° 01.300 W 083° 43.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- 168 RHP
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1955 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
7.6 MI SE FROM JULIETTE. ABOUT 7.6 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT JULIETTE, AT DAMES FERRY, AT THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 18, 0.55 MILE SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 224, 45 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING, 27 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL AND AT INSIDE OF A CURVE, 33 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY, 57 FEET SOUTH OF AND ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM THE CROSSING SIGN, 31 FEET EAST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 27 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF A 24-INCH CONCRETE PIPE CULVERT UNDER THE HIGHWAY, 120 FEET SOUTHEAST OF AND ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF TAYLORS GROCERY STORE, 2 FEET EAST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 0.5 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.