Details for Benchmark: DF0698
N 33° 01.517 W 083° 43.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- L 230
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
7.4 MI SE FROM JULIETTE. ABOUT 7.35 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT JULIETTE, 40 RAILS SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 224, 0.25 MILE NORTH OF THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 18 AT DAMES FERRY, 25.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL AND AT INSIDE OF A CURVE, 36 FEET NORTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, SET IN BEDROCK MAKING THE FLOOR OF AN ABANDONED SMALL STONE QUARRY AND IN THE EAST QUARTER OF THE QUARRY FLOOR, 18 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST WALL OF THE QUARRY, 12.7 FEET EAST OF A SMALL CEDAR TREE GROWING IN ABOUT THE CENTER OF THE QUARRY FLOOR, AND ABOUT 4 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.