Details for Benchmark: DF0700
N 33° 02.900 W 083° 44.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- P 230
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
5.4 MI SE FROM JULIETTE. ABOUT 5.45 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT JULIETTE, 55 RAILS SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 222, 325 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF SIGNALS 2222 H AND 2223 H, 49 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL AND AT OUTSIDE OF CURVE, AT RIGHT ANGLE AND ACROSS THE TRACK FROM AN ABANDONED STONE QUARRY AND NOW FLOODED, IN TOP AND NEAR THE CENTER OF A RIDGE OF GRANITE BEDROCK 70-FEET-LONG BY 25-FEET-WIDE, 0.4 MILE SOUTHEAST OF A TRAIL ROAD CROSSING, 0.35 MILE SOUTHEAST OF A SMALL TRESTLE NO. 222.1 H, AND ABOUT 7 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.