Details for Benchmark: DF0701
N 33° 03.367 W 083° 44.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- N 230
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
4.8 MI SE FROM JULIETTE. ABOUT 4.8 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT JULIETTE, 455 YARDS NORTH OF MILEPOST 222, 194 YARDS SOUTH OF TRESTLE 221.8 H, 34 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 77 FEET EAST OF AND ACROSS THE TRACK FROM TELEPHONE POLE ON NORTH END OF CUT, 90 FEET NORTH OF A POWER LINE AND TELEPHONE POLE, 87 FEET SOUTH OF A POWER LINE AND TELEPHONE POLE, IN LINE WITH ROW OF POLES, 0.25 MILE NORTH OF A TRAIL ROAD CROSSING, 2 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 6 1/2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.