Details for Benchmark: DF0702
N 33° 03.767 W 083° 45.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- W 230
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
4.2 MI SE FROM JULIETTE. ABOUT 4.2 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT JULIETTE, 268 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 221, 252 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF TRESTLE 221.1 H, 57 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 107 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF TRAIL ROAD CROSSING, 27 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE FIRST TELEPHONE POLE NORTHWEST OF CROSSING, 16 FEET EAST OF A 16-INCH OAK TREE, 38 FEET NORTHEAST OF A 28-INCH OAK TREE, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND BRAZED ON TOP OF A 3-INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 1 FOOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.