Details for Benchmark: DF1010
N 33° 00.383 W 083° 44.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- M 347
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
13.5 MI NW FROM MACON. 13.5 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 23 FROM THE JUNCTION OF HIGHWAYS 23 AND 49 IN MACON TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, SET IN TOP OF THE NORTHEAST END OF HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER RUM CREEK, 16 FEET NORTHEAST OF CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH HIGHWAY.
|02/13/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (JRO)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.