Details for Benchmark: DF1011
N 33° 01.400 W 083° 44.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- N 347
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
000 AT DAMES FERRY, SET IN A SMALL PLOT OF GROUND, AT THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF HIGHWAYS 18 AND 23, BETWEEN A STOP SIGN AND HIGHWAY SIGN, 14.7 MILES NORTHWEST OF MACON, 20 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 18, 19 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 23, 3.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF STOP SIGN, 3.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF HIGHWAY SIGN. THE MARK IS 4 FT NW FROM N 347 THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH HIGHWAYS.
|01/09/1991 by GAPC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY GEORGIA POWER COMPANY 1991
IN DAMES FERRY.
|02/13/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (JRO)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.