Details for Benchmark: DF1014
N 33° 03.800 W 083° 46.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- R 347
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
3.2 MI NW FROM DAMES FERRY. 3.2 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 23 FROM THE JUNCTION OF HIGHWAY 23 AND 18 IN DAMES FERRY TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, SET IN TOP OF BEDROCK, AT SMALL POWERLINE CROSSING, 99 FEET SOUTHWEST OF POWER POLE NUMBER 3 WITH TRANSFORMER, 73 FEET SOUTHEAST OF DRIVEWAY TO THE MILTON RESIDENCE, 39 FEET NORTHEAST OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY. 0.3 MILE NORTHWEST OF MILE MARKER 8. THE MARK IS 1 FT SW FROM R 347 THE MARK IS 1 FT ABOVE HIGHWAY.
|01/09/1991 by GAPC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY GEORGIA POWER COMPANY 1991
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values. The observed gravity was obtained from relative gravimeter ties to the IGSN71 gravity network.