Details for Benchmark: DG0129
N 33° 45.633 W 084° 19.398 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DE KALB county, GA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- traverse station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1927 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1927 (EOH)
TRAVERSE STATION AND BENCH MARK IS AT THE NW CORNER OF HOWARD AND COLLEGE AVENUES. 12 FEET AT RIGHT ANGLES FROM W CURB OF HOWARD AVENUE, 95.13 FEET W OF TELEPHONE POLE ON N SIDE OF COLLEGE AVENUE. 82.17 FEET TO NE CORNER OF BRICK BUILDING ON SW CORNER OF HOWARD AND COLLEGE AVENUES. 54.75 FEET SE TO MANHOLE COVER IN MIDDLE OF HOWARD AND COLLEGE AVENUES.
STATION MARK IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN CONCRETE CYLINDER, 5 FEET LONG, 10 INCHES IN DIAMETER AT THE TOP AND 18 INCHES IN DIAMETER AT THE BASE. CAST-IRON COVER OVER TOP OF MARK.
|01/01/1952 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952 (EBL)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 3.8 MILES E OF DOWNTOWN FIVE POINTS IN ATLANTA, 54.5 FEET NW OF THE CENTER OF THE MANHOLE AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE CENTERLINES OF COLLEGE AVENUE AND HOWARD STREET, N.E., 39.5 FEET SSE OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE CENTER ONE OF 3 TRACKS OF THE GEORGIA RAILROAD, 12 FEET W OF THE SHORT SECTION OF CURB ON THE W SIDE OF HOWARD STREET AND ADJOINING THE RAILROAD, AND 6.5 FEET NNW OF THE N CURB OF COLLEGE AVENUE.
STATION MARK IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN CONCRETE. IT IS 0.5 FOOT BELOW A CAST-IRON COVER THAT IS LEVEL WITH THE SIDEWALK AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND THE DISK IS STAMPED HOWARD 1927 1046.533.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
AT ATLANTA. IN ATLANTA, ABOUT 3.8 MILES EAST OF DOWNTOWN FIVE POINTS, 54.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE MANHOLE AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE CENTERLINES OF COLLEGE AVENUE AND HOWARD STREET, NE, 39.5 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE CENTER ONE OF 3 TRACKS OF THE GEORGIA RAILROAD, 12 FEET WEST OF THE SHORT SECTION OF CURB ON THE WEST SIDE OF HOWARD STREET AND ADJOINING THE RAILROAD, AND 6.5 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHERN CURB OF COLLEGE AVENUE. A STANDARD TRAVERSE DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT IS 0.5 FOOT BELOW A CAST-IRON COVER WHICH IS LEVEL WITH THE SIDEWALK AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.