Details for Benchmark: DG0131
N 33° 45.612 W 084° 19.684 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DE KALB county, GA View Original Datasheet
- E 19
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by MARTA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY METRO ATLANTA RTA 1973
SET A STD. MARTA BRASS DISC ON SOUTH SIDE OF DE KALB AVE. 13 FT FROM CURB AND ACROSS STREET FROM 1820, 67 FT EAST OF THE PRODUCED E. CURB OF CASSONS ST. DISC IN POURED CONCRETE.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
AT ATLANTA. A 2 INCH MARTA BRASS DISK SET ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF DE KALB AVENUE IN GRASS AREA BETWEEN DE KALB AVENUE AND THE GEORGIA RAILROAD. ABOUT 3.6 MILES EAST OF DOWNTOWN FIVE POINTS. MARK IS OPPOSITE HOUSE NO. 1820 DE KALB AVENUE AND 67 FEET EAST OF PRODUCED EAST CURB OF CASSONS STREET, 13 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF DE KALB AVENUE. DISK IS SET IN THE TOP OF CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.