Details for Benchmark: DG0138
N 33° 45.702 W 084° 20.515 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DE KALB county, GA View Original Datasheet
- E 16
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by MARTA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY METRO ATLANTA RTA 1973
SET A STD. MARTA BRASS DISC ON N.W. CORNER OF DE KALB AND OAKDALE RD. 4.9 FT FROM CURB OF DE KALB AVE., 11.2 FT FROM THE CURB OF OAKDALE ROAD. DISC DRILLED IN SIDEWALK.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
AT ATLANTA. A STANDARD MARTA BRASS DISK DRILLED IN SIDEWALK AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF DE KALB AVENUE AND OAKDALE ROAD. ABOUT 2.8 MILES EAST OF DOWNTOWN FIVE POINTS, 2.8 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF OAKDALE ROAD AND 4.9 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF DE KALB AVENUE. MARK IS SET FLUSH WITH WALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.