Details for Benchmark: DG0263
N 33° 47.094 W 084° 22.346 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FULTON county, GA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||zeroping marked DG0263 as destroyed
In case there's any uncertainty, this has been replaced by "Pool Reset", AB7666. In fact, it appears that they actually reset the original disk, which explains the dual dates.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1927 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1927 (EOH)
TRAVERSE STATION AND BENCH MARK IS IN PIEDMONT PARK AT THE N END OF THE GOLF COURSE, ABOUT 350 FEET E FROM SWIMMING POOL, AND ABOUT 300 FEET W FROM OPEN SEWER RUNNING THROUGH PIEDMONT PARK GOLF COURSE. MARK IS ABOUT 75 FEET N FROM EXTENSION OF N CURB OF CRESTHILL AVENUE, 90 FEET S FROM S SIDE OF DRIVEWAY THROUGH THE PARK. 108.15 FEET NE FROM 18-INCH MAGNOLIA TREE.
STATION MARK IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN CONCRETE CYLINDER, 5 FEET LONG, 10 INCHES IN DIAMETER AT THE TOP AND 18 INCHES IN DIAMETER AT THE BASE. CAST-IRON COVER OVER TOP OF MARK.
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952 (EBL)
ALL OBJECTS MENTIONED IN THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION WERE RECOVERED APPARENTLY AS THEY WERE THEN EXCEPT THE NOW-OBSTRUCTED CURB LINE OF CRESTHILL AVENUE, BUT NO EVIDENCE OF THE STATION WAS FOUND.
|01/01/1952 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT ATLANTA. AT ATLANTA, FULTON COUNTY, AT PIEDMONT PARK, AT THE NORTH END OF THE GOLF COURSE, 350 FEET EAST OF THE SWIMMING POOL, 300 FEET WEST OF AN OPEN SEWER, 108 FEET NORTHEAST OF AN 18-INCH MAGNOLIA TREE, 90 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE DRIVEWAY THROUGH THE PARK, 75 FEET NORTH OF THE PROLONGATION OF THE NORTH CURB OF CRESTHILL AVENUE, AND SET UNDERGROUND IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST, ACCESS TO WHICH IS HAD THROUGH A CAST-IRON COVER.
|01/01/1977 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1977 (ESF)
MARK STAMPED AS DESCRIBED GOOD.
IN ATLANTA, IN PIEDMONT PARK, ON THE NORTH END OF THE GOLF COURSE BETWEEN TEE NO. 2 AND GREEN NO. 8, 350 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SWIMMING POOL, 170 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A GAZEBO BETWEEN THE LAKE AND DRIVE, 119 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A GRANITE MONUMENT ON THE NORTH CURB OF THE DRIVE, 88.1 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF THE DRIVE, 33.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A DOGWOOD TREE, 6.2 FEET NORTHWEST OF A STANDARD WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code D indicates a distribution rate of 3.1 thru 4.0 mm/km.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.