Details for Benchmark: DG0593
N 33° 47.072 W 084° 23.264 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FULTON county, GA View Original Datasheet
- N 16
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by MARTA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY METRO ATLANTA RTA 1973
SET A STD. MARTA BRASS DISC AT THE SE CORNER OF WEST PEACHTREE AND 12TH ST.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
AT ATLANTA. A STANDARD MARTA BRASS DISK DRILLED INTO THE SIDEWALK AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF 12TH ST. N.E. AND WEST PEACHTREE ST. ABOUT 2.1 MILES NORTH OF DOWNTOWN FIVE POINTS, 5.7 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB LINE OF 12TH ST., 3.2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB LINE OF WEST PEACHTREE ST. THE DISK IS SET FLUSH WITH THE SIDEWALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.