Details for Benchmark: DG1073
N 33° 44.200 W 084° 50.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- K 255
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
4.8 MI E FROM VILLA RICA. 4.75 MILES EAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT VILLA RICA, ABOUT 0.8 MILE WEST OF OVERPASS OF A GRADED ROAD OVER TRACK, ABOUT 1.1 MILE WEST OF BLACK TOP ROAD CROSSING AT WINSTON, 0.1 MILE WEST OF MILE POST 665, 0.2 MILE WEST OF A GRADED ROAD CROSSING, NEAR THE EAST END OF A LONG FILL, BETWEEN THE TRACK AND A GRADED ROAD THAT PARALLELS THE TRACK, 52 FEET NORTH OF NORTH RAIL, 34 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER LINE OF ROAD, 20 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A 24-INCH GUM TREE, 2 FEET EAST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 12 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.