Details for Benchmark: DG1074
N 33° 43.850 W 084° 49.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- J 255
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
5.4 MI SW FROM DOUGLASVILLE. 5.4 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT DOUGLASVILLE, ABOUT 5.55 MILES EAST OF THE STATION AT VILLA RICA, CARROLL COUNTY, ABOUT 0.3 MILE WEST OF MILE POST 664, ABOUT 0.3 MILE WEST OF BLACK TOP ROAD CROSSING AT WINSTON, AT THE OVERPASS OF A GRADED ROAD OVER TRACK, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF CONCRETE FOUNDATION OF THE SECOND PIER NORTH OF TRACK, 22 FEET NORTH OF NORTH RAIL, 1/2 FOOT NORTHWEST OF SOUTHEAST CORNER OF BASE AND ABOUT 8 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF TRACK.
|10/13/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (JRO)
BRIDGE HAS BEEN REBUILT, BUT PIER IN WHICH MARK WAS SET WAS LEFT IN PLACE. OTHER PIERS REMOVED. MARK IS 40 FT (12.2 M) EAST OF NEW BRIDGE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.