Details for Benchmark: DG1077
N 33° 43.967 W 084° 48.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- RV 662.5
- Marker Type:
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by SOURR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1959 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
3.6 MI SW FROM DOUGLASVILLE. 3.6 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT DOUGLASVILLE, AT A GRADED ROAD CROSSING, ABOUT 0.5 MILE WEST OF MILE POST 662, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF AN ABANDONED PIPE CULVERT UNDER ROAD, 9 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF NORTHWEST RAIL, 9 FEET EAST OF CENTER LINE OF ROAD, 38 FEET NORTH OF CENTER OF CROSSING, 2 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF NORTH END OF HEAD WALL AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK. NOTE-- MARK IS 37 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST AND ACROSS TRACK FROM BM G 255.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.