Details for Benchmark: DG1078
N 33° 44.300 W 084° 47.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- RV 661.7
- Marker Type:
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by SOURR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
2.8 MI W FROM DOUGLASVILLE. 2.8 MILES WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT DOUGLASVILLE, DOUGLAS COUNTY, 140 FEET EAST OF A ROAD CROSSING, 31 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND IN A LARGE GRANITE LEDGE. A STANDARD MONEL-METAL RIVET.
|01/01/1959 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.