Details for Benchmark: DG1082
N 33° 44.617 W 084° 46.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- D 255
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- unspecified rock
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||CajunCruzer marked DG1082 as destroyed
N 33° 44.618 W 084° 46.456
Disk not found. Round rock described has a small metal projection in the center of it.
[last edit: 8/29/2003 8:08:18 AM PST]
Benchmark DG1082 Designation D255
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
1.7 MI SW FROM DOUGLASVILLE. 1.7 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT DOUGLASVILLE, ABOUT 0.6 MILE SOUTHWEST OF MILE POST 660, ABOUT 6 RAILS SOUTHWEST OF A GRADED ROAD CROSSING THAT CONNECTS U.S. HIGHWAY 78 AND A ROAD THAT PARALLELS THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF TRACK, 45 FEET NORTHWEST OF NORTHWEST RAIL, 30 FEET SOUTHEAST OF CENTER LINE OF ROAD, SET IN THE TOP OF A SLIGHTLY ROUNDED ROCK PROJECTION WHICH IS ABOUT 4 FEET IN DIAMETER, 45 FEET NORTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 27 FEET EAST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, AND ABOUT 6 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK.
|01/01/1982 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1982
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.