Details for Benchmark: DG1085
N 33° 45.100 W 084° 44.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- S 53
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1959 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
AT DOUGLASVILLE. AT DOUGLASVILLE, ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY, ABOUT 5 RAILS (39-FOOT) SOUTHWEST OF SOUTHWEST END OF THE STATION, ABOUT 9 RAILS NORTHEAST OF MILE POST 659, AT THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 92, BETWEEN THE TRACK AND U.S. HIGHWAY 78, 24 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF SOUTHEAST RAIL, 12 FEET NORTHWEST OF NORTHWEST CURB OF HIGHWAY 78, 43 FEET NORTHEAST OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 92, 9 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE FIRST TELEPHONE POLE NORTHEAST OF HIGHWAY 92, 13 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE EAST CORNER OF CONCRETE BASE OF A SIGNAL CONTROL BOX, ABOUT 3 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST ABOUT 10 INCHES UNDERGROUND.
|02/01/1991 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1991
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.