Details for Benchmark: DG1086
N 33° 45.583 W 084° 43.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- B 255
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
1 MI NE FROM DOUGLASVILLE. 1.0 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT DOUGLASVILLE, ABOUT 0.1 MILE NORTHEAST OF MILE POST 658, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTHEAST FACE OF A PROJECTION OF ROCK ABOUT 15 FEET LONG AND 4 1/2 FEET HIGH WHICH IS PART OF A LARGE OUTCROP THAT EXTENDS NORTHWEST FROM TRACK TO THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE PIEDMONT COMPANY BUILDING, 32 FEET NORTHWEST AND ACROSS A SIDE TRACK FROM NORTHWEST RAIL OF MAIN TRACK, 25 FEET WEST OF A SIGN STATION ONE MILE, 14 FEET WEST OF THE 5TH TELEPHONE POLE NORTHEAST OF THE MILE POST, 5 FEET NORTHEAST OF SOUTHWEST END OF ROCK AND ABOUT 1 FOOT BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.