Details for Benchmark: DG1143
N 33° 59.533 W 084° 31.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COBB county, GA View Original Datasheet
- U 56 RESET 1953
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
2.2 MI N FROM MARIETTA. LOCATED ABOUT 2.2 MILES NORTH ALONG THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAIL ROAD FROM THE STATION IN MARIETTA, GA. ABOUT 0.3 MILE EAST OF MILEPOST 476 AND ABOUT 380 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE TRACKS, IN THE WEST ENTRANCE OF THE NEW ADDITION TO THE ELIZABETH SCHOOL BUILDING, 1.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE TOP STEP. IT IS A STANDARD DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.