Details for Benchmark: DG2351
N 33° 47.125 W 084° 22.252 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FULTON county, GA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1927 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1927 (EOH)
THIS TEMPORARY TRAVERSE STATION IS ABOUT 225 FEET S FROM PARK AVENUE BRIDGE WHERE IT CROSSES OVER THE SOUTHERN RAILROAD BELT LINE. MARK IS ON THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY BETWEEN SOUTHERN RAILROAD TRACKS AND PIEDMONT PARK GOLF COURSE. 62.05 FEET W FROM W RAIL OF SOUTHERN RAILROAD BELT LINE. 114.6 FEET SE FROM RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY 4 BY 4 MARKER WHICH IS ABOUT 10 FEET E OF OPEN SEWER.
MARK IS AN IRON BOLT SUNK IN A ROUND CONCRETE CAST 3 FEET DEEP.
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952 (EBL)
APPARENTLY, MORE RAILROAD TRACKS HAVE BEEN LAID AT THE SITE SINCE THE MARK WAS ESTABLISHED. THE RIGHT-OF-WAY MARKER MENTIONED IN THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION WAS NOT RECOVERED. NO EVIDENCE OF THE SUBJECT MARK WAS RECOVERED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code C indicates a distribution rate of 2.1 thru 3.0 mm/km.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.