Details for Benchmark: DG3218
N 33° 45.371 W 084° 44.181 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- DOUGLASVILLE BEVER LOUIS STACK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||pauldingauburntiger marked DG3218 as destroyed
Another destroyed mark 11/20/10 @ 10:15am. #2 BM of the day (#4 total). It would be neat to go back in time to the days this mill was thriving.
||Sidekicker marked DG3218 as destroyed
The mill has been close for many years. Although the building is still here, the stack is gone.
Sidekicker and Family
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941 (RJS)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE RED BRICK STACK OF THE BEAVER-LOUIS COTTON MILL COMPANY ON THE NE EDGE OF DOUGLASVILLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.