Details for Benchmark: DG3223
N 33° 45.204 W 084° 44.357 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- DOUGLASVILLE E MUN TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE APEX OF VENT AT THE TOP AND CENTER OF A WATER TANK, THAT HAS A DOME SHAPED TOP AND BOTTOM. THE TANK IS SUPPORTED BY EIGHT TUBULAR STEEL LEGS AND IS SILVER IN COLOR. IT IS 150 FEET HIGH.
THE WATER TANK IS LOCATED 0.8 MILE EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF DOUGLASVILLE, 151 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF GRADY STREET AND 141 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF COOPER STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.