Details for Benchmark: DG3226
N 33° 45.817 W 084° 44.454 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- DOUGLASVILLE RAD STA WDGL MAST
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973 (JLC)
THE DOUGLASVILLE RADIO STATION WDGL MAST IS LOCATED AT THE NORTH EDGE OF DOUGLASVILLE, IN THE MIDDLE OF A CLEARED AREA AND 15 FEET NORTH OF A SMALL CONCRETE BLOCK BUILDING.
THE STATION IS THE SINGLE RED LIGHT ATOP THE BRIDGED STEEL, SINGLE COLUMN, MAST WHICH IS TRIANGLE SHAPED, PAINTED IN ALTERNATE BANDS OF RED AND WHITE AND HAS A DOUBLE SET OF RED LIGHTS LOCATED NEAR THE MID SECTION. IT IS ANCHORED TO A SINGLE CONCRETE FOOTING AND SUPPORTED BY GUY WIRES. THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS 204 FEET.
TO REACH FROM THE COURTHOUSE IN DOUGLASVILLE GO EAST-NORTHEAST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 78 FOR 0.8 MILE TO BROWN STREET ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ON BROWN STREET FOR 0.3 MILE TO END OF PAVEMENT. BEAR LEFT AND GO NORTHERLY ON DIRT STREET FOR 0.15 MILE TO A CROSSROAD. CONTINUE NORTH ON DIRT ROAD FOR 0.15 MILE TO THE MAST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.