Details for Benchmark: DG3270
N 33° 44.971 W 084° 44.991 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- DOUGLASVILLE MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Sidekicker marked DG3270 as destroyed
Sadly, this tank is gone. I remember it from many years ago, but it is no more.
Sidekicker and Family
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941 (RJS)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE BALL ON TOP OF THE SILVER-COLORED WATER TANK LOCATED ABOUT 100 YARDS SE OF THE COURTHOUSE IN DOUGLASVILLE.
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972 (JCL)
STATION WAS RECOVERED IN APPARENT GOOD CONDITION. THIS STATION WAS PREVIOUSLY NAMED DOUGLASVILLE MUNICIPAL WATER TANK 1941. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS--
THE STATION IS THE BALL AT THE TOP AND CENTER OF A WATER TANK, THAT HAS A CONICAL TOP, CYLINDRICAL SIDES AND HEMISPHERICAL BOTTOM. THE TANK IS SUPPORTED BY FOUR TRUSS-WORK STEEL LEGS AND IS PAINTED SILVER. IT IS 100 FEET HIGH.
LOCATED NEAR THE CENTER OF DOUGLASVILLE, JUST SOUTH OF THE COURTHOUSE AND BEHIND THE POLICE STATION, 123 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF E CHURCH STREET AND 75 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF BOWDEN STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.